Killyon Militia M.C.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 93 on Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:02 am

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» let the crack begin boys
how we started EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 4:52 pm by Death Magnetic

» FOR SALE < 04 CBR 600RR RACEBIKE >
how we started EmptySat Feb 05, 2011 1:05 pm by darenor

» 2011 Mondello Championship Dates (TBC)
how we started EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 5:14 pm by The Joker

» kev
how we started EmptySat Oct 23, 2010 12:13 pm by darenor

» dealer
how we started EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 1:33 pm by darenor

» 400's end of season championship table.
how we started EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 12:01 pm by Death Magnetic

» here's a few nice one's
how we started EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 6:34 am by darenor

» Mondello Masters 400 entry list
how we started EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 2:31 pm by The Joker

» rossi on a scooter
how we started EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 7:17 am by The Dealer

T-Shirts and Stickers
Killyon Militia T-Shirts and 6x4 Stickers for sale. P.M Death Magnetic for more information.

how we started

4 posters

Go down

how we started Empty how we started

Post by darenor Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:16 pm

hey boys just seen the pics nd vid forum and decided to inform ya's how me brother and i started enjoy Very Happy

it all started threw my cousin sean leanord who races bikes on the road and for year we went to watch him and my bro was always annoyin me da to get him a bike and of course me da sed no for years but in 2005 me bro decided he was gonna get his own bike ans start he was 20 and didnt hav to ask me da so he went of and looked at one with the father in a small place down the road from us and he bought it no matter wat it was i was goin to buy it Laughing it was a 92 cbr600 pre97 bike was a bit worse for wear but soon enough after a few cans of black paint and she was ready to go cheers the first day he went out it was to mondello for the first time in a car and trailer on the usual rainy day goin to mondello and about 45minutes down the road we got a puncture which didnt start the day off to well so we fixed tat continued on and eventually found mondello Smile which turned out to be a good learning curve in the racing scene as he had never done a trackday b4 then a few mistakes of out breaking himself were the main things until the track started drying out and havin 5 minutes to change wheels that we had never done seemed impossible but we got it done and we finished up the day
he then continued on that bike for nearly two years with a best result of 5th b4 selling it to buy a

01cbr600f to do the supersport championship which we knew was goin to be an uphill battle from the start as the honda was an ex hilton hinks bike but stock engine and the other boys would hav had tuned between 120 to 130 bhp pauls bike had 106 but we continued on wit it how we started 42862914for another year and travelled to mondello,bishopcourt,kirkistown and aghadewy which is a poxy track i might add Mad and finished in the top 10 of the southern supersport championship and we wer delighted with tat as it was the first year in it then at the end of that season we had that up for sale to another new honda a 04cbr600 roadbike we bought it as a road bike and turned it into a racebike from scratch got rid of road fairings,lights,footpegs,wiring and so on and got the fairing and other race bits such as quickaction throttle steering damper full remus system quickshifter vortex rearsets powercommander braided brake lines hyperpro suspension from and rear and then got the head ported polished and skimmed tat was the main amount of bits done could b more but has forgotten haahow we started 42862915 with all them bit on the bike we went to another wet mondello in the new race van we bought which was a 96 transit tat we got resprayed and she looked brand new she was a minter and arrived to mondello on a dry but cold day and had just decided to take the weekend as a test day and wernt makin any mental passes so the day went on and it started raining nothin new there but so another rush to get the wheels changed and just got them done in time got out for the warm up lap just and went into the first corner and forgot to pump the brakes and had nothin and lost the front into the first corner broke fairing new rearsets clip ons and screen so tat was the end of the test day later on in the season he was gettin progressively faster on the 600 and a 1000 came up tat we couldnt refuse it was 1 04 gsxr 1000 racebike we went bought the bike and brought it to mondello the day after and went out in the qualifying and got 5th first day out wit the big boys didnt realise how much of a rocket she was bounce in the end of the first race he got 5th and 7th on the first day out on the 1000 and we thought it was a very good result the season was coming close to the end and yet another day in mondello and paul was in 10th in the race wen he came up on a back marker into the last corner who broke wayyy to early for the coner and paul had no were to go but the bak of a fireblade and resulted in a broken kneecap and cuts and bruises the bike asnt too bad just a bit of ducktape and we wer off to bishopcourt for the last round of the clubmans championship and he had qualified on pole for the clubman race in the first race he got a flyer of a start and was out front and finished 3rd race two was a different story all together and got a bad start and was lyin in 8th on lap 3 he was 4th and went passed me just behind 3rd then as he went out of sight the red flag came up and i knew that it was paul we later found out wat he could remember was he went into the first corner and the throttle open and sent him onto the grass and he had to lay it onto its side as he would of t boned the other lads goin passed doin 160 into the corner and knocked himself out not a broken bone the marshals sed he was lucky to b alive the crash looked that bad and tat was the end of the season for paul but still got 8th in the championshiphow we started 42862916 then came the start on the 2008 season and we had a trackday in mondello my first one and guess wat it was wet in mondello Laughing but went out nervous as u would imagine and was getting quicker and quicker until the inevitable happened i fell off goin into the double right hander no serious damage to the bike or me but at least i got the day done and it was the last session tat i had me mishap then it was just a normal day i was in school just waiting for a bus home and got a phone call telling me tat paul was in a accident and was in hospital yep it was the fzr600 me da's old yoke tat use hav now haaa he had broken his arm badly and had to get a rod threw it and up it then they had to brake his elbow/funnybone to get a peice of bone tat had fallen done off his upper arm so tat was the end of the season for us in 2008 how we started 58536910
we now have the honda cbr600 04 racebike for sale as we now hav got the r6 tat is unreal its adrian mc farlands old team hardship bike which he has had since last season and has slowly been gettin quicker but just cant get to grips wit the yam and then there is my bike which has had a few problems this yr but the main one is tats its not fukin goin haaa but hope to hav it and the money to get her goin tats the hole thing from start to finish im done typing for a while cos this took me forever how we started A37610[url=https://servimg.com/view/14944988/11]how we started Dsc_1611how we started Dsc_7410
darenor
darenor

Back to top Go down

how we started Empty Re: how we started

Post by The Joker Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:55 pm

Great post lad it always nice to hear the story of how it all started fair play to him some great results the best of luck for 2010
The Joker
The Joker

Back to top Go down

Post by darenor Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:33 pm

thanks man hav to get the zxr goin again that my yoke in the last pic just tryin to do a few bits to it for this season its just takin a bit longer than i'd hoped haa u on a zxr400 aswel?
darenor
darenor

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Magnetic Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:06 am

Fair play bro, thats a good write-up. The trials and tribulation's of being a racer. Something always has to be done to a bike, it never ends Laughing
Hope you get out soon bro, try and get ready for the 4th of July.
Death Magnetic
Death Magnetic
Admin

http://www.killyonmilitia.com

Back to top Go down

Post by darenor Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:38 am

thanks man ye its true it never end any of use headin down to cookstown should b good racin Very Happy ah ye man i hope to
darenor
darenor

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Magnetic Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:52 am

I think i heard the joker say he was going. I'm a little busy, trying to get me bike sorted. Wont find the 4th of July coming along. I wanna get a track day in as well to test everything .
Death Magnetic
Death Magnetic
Admin

http://www.killyonmilitia.com

Back to top Go down

Post by darenor Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:18 am

ah right sure if u get down i will see ya there dunno the rest of the lads hav to get talkin to ya's on the 4th Cool
darenor
darenor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Joker Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:54 pm

darenor wrote:thanks man hav to get the zxr goin again that my yoke in the last pic just tryin to do a few bits to it for this season its just takin a bit longer than i'd hoped haa u on a zxr400 aswel?

yes on a zxr 400h she's a good yoke its going very well ,Doing a few small jobs on her for the 22nd its going down to mickey mac in two weeks to go on the dyno see if i can get a few more hp Laughing out of hear
The Joker
The Joker

Back to top Go down

Post by The Joker Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:12 pm

darenor wrote:thanks man ye its true it never end any of use headin down to cookstown should b good racin Very Happy ah ye man i hope to

i'm heading hopefuly i try to go to all the road racing cookstown is one of my favorite circuits i hope not to miss it Very Happy Very Happy
The Joker
The Joker

Back to top Go down

Post by darenor Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:55 pm

The Joker wrote:
darenor wrote:thanks man ye its true it never end any of use headin down to cookstown should b good racin Very Happy ah ye man i hope to

i'm heading hopefuly i try to go to all the road racing cookstown is one of my favorite circuits i hope not to miss it Very Happy Very Happy

ah right so ya dont no wats in er is she standerd?wat yr is she? mine was puttin 59.6 with nothin done hope to get about 75 wit the work that is gettin done Very Happy well i will be there either way hope its dry for it Cool
darenor
darenor

Back to top Go down

Post by dar5150 Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:15 pm

Great write up, enjoyed reading that!
dar5150
dar5150

Back to top Go down

Post by darenor Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:19 pm

dar5150 wrote:Great write up, enjoyed reading that!

cheers man seen a few pics of ur honda she looks mint u buy er like tat?
darenor
darenor

Back to top Go down

Post by dar5150 Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:54 am

cheers man seen a few pics of ur honda she looks mint u buy er like tat?[/quote]

Bought it as a standard road bike. And being converting it for the last year. Its all show and no go at the monent. The suspension is finially sorted, working on the brakes at the moment and then I'll be on the hunt for some horses! Should be able to give those Kwacks a run for their money out of dunlop then!
dar5150
dar5150

Back to top Go down

Post by darenor Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:58 am

dar5150 wrote:cheers man seen a few pics of ur honda she looks mint u buy er like tat?

Bought it as a standard road bike. And being converting it for the last year. Its all show and no go at the monent. The suspension is finially sorted, working on the brakes at the moment and then I'll be on the hunt for some horses! Should be able to give those Kwacks a run for their money out of dunlop then![/quote]

ah right she's a minter ye the honda's just dont hav the legs down the strate but get a good one and u cant beat them just hard to find a good one Rolling Eyes
darenor
darenor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Joker Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:34 pm

ah right so ya dont no wats in er is she standerd?wat yr is she? mine was puttin 59.6 with nothin done hope to get about 75 wit the work that is gettin done Very Happy well i will be there either way hope its dry for it Cool[/quote

she's standerd the limiter reckons putting out about 60 or 62 hp, i'll be happy if i can get her some where around 67 hp Laughing ,changing the gearing as well putting on a fifty tooth sprocket i was'nt getting the drive out of the corners the last day hopefuly it should make some differance
The Joker
The Joker

Back to top Go down

Post by darenor Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:48 pm

tats not to bad wat yr is she? ah ye man u wudnt tink it but they do make the difference do ye hav the other sprockets for it?
darenor
darenor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Joker Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:38 pm

shes 1989 h model and still running savage i have a 50 tooth sprocket for her you cant buy a 50 tooth sprocket off the shelf ya have to get them made there a special order just have to pick up a new o ring chain for it and jobs oxso Very Happy
The Joker
The Joker

Back to top Go down

Post by dar5150 Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:11 pm

putting on a fifty tooth sprocket i was'nt getting the drive out of the corners the last day hopefuly it should make some differance[/quote]

Shit thats all I need! Very Happy
dar5150
dar5150

Back to top Go down

Post by The Joker Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:30 pm

dont worry you have the late brakes on your side Smile if i dont sort out my braking having good drive out of the corners want make much differance Crying or Very sad
The Joker
The Joker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down